- Anti-Reflux from Birth for the Dietary Management of Reflux and Regurgitation
- SMA® Anti-Reflux is a nutritionally complete formula for the dietary management of formula-fed babies with significant reflux (regurgitation/spitting up). It can be used as the sole source of nutrition from birth in place of your usual formula feed, and can be mixed with foods once weaning has begun. Reflux often occurs because a baby’s digestive system is immature.
- SMA® Anti-Reflux contains a unique combination of starch and 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation. You may notice a change in baby’s stool when changing to SMA® Anti-Reflux. This is due to the different ingredients and is normal.
- SCIENCE INSPIRED BY NATURE
- Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the unique nutritional needs of babies with different feeding issues and to applying these learnings to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years and have produced SMA® Anti-Reflux, a nutritionally complete formula specifically designed for the dietary management of babies with reflux and regurgitation.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Easily digestible starch
- 100% whey, partially hydrolysed protein
- New easier preparation – thicker formula, may require a fast flow teat
- Pack size: 800g
Lactose (Milk), Potato Starch, Partially Hydrolysed Whey Protein (Milk), Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Coconut, Rapeseed), Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, L-Arginine, Sodium Chloride, L-Histidine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Potassium Phosphate, Vitamin C, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5′- Monophosphate), L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, Antioxidants (Tocopherol Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Vitamin E, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenate, Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12
Store in a cool, dry place., Use within 4 weeks of opening., For best before, see base of can.
Place of Provenance
Produced in Europe
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide birth – 12 months
- Approx. age of baby: Birth – 2 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.4 kg, 7 1/2 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 3, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 90 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 3, Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 – 4 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 3.7 kg, 8 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 4, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 4, Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 4 – 8 weeks; Approx. weight of baby: 4.2 kg, 9 1/4 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 4, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 120 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 4, Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Approx. weight of baby: 5.3 kg, 11 3/4 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 5, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 150 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 5, Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.1 kg, 13 1/2 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 6, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 6, Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 4 months; Approx. weight of baby: 6.7 kg, 14 3/4 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 6, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 180 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 6, Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months; Approx. weight of baby: 7.6 kg, 16 3/4 lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 8, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 240 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 8, Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 7 – 12 months; Approx. weight of baby: – kg, – lb; Preparation for single feeds: Level scoops: 7, Cooled, freshly boiled water: 210 ml, fl. oz. (approx.): 7, Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you require more advice, consult your healthcare professional. Remember to feed your baby on demand. Mix 1 scoop powder to 30 ml (approx. 1 fl. oz.) of water.
- Approx. 182 scoops per can. 1 scoop = 4.4g
- How to Open and Prepare Your Baby’s Feed
- Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- 1 Pull the safety sea and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safety remove the seal and dispose of it.
- 2 Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- 3 Boil 1 litre of tap water. Allow to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully – the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 4 Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat.
- 5 Using only the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean, dry knife.
- Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- 6 Shake bottle well until powder has fully dissolved. Test temperature by shaking a few drops on to the inside of your wrist – milk should be lukewarm.
- Thicker formula, may require a fast flow teat.
- Important Feeding Information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
- For older babies, made-up formulate can be added to food but not heated.
- For enteral use only.
- Do not alter or add to formulate unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows’ milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. This product must be used under medical supervision. SMA® Anti-Reflux is a special formula intended for the dietary management of bottle-fed babies when significant reflux (regurgitation) is a problem. It is suitable as the sole source of nutrition up to 6 months of age, and in conjunction with solid food up to 12 months of age. If the baby’s reflux does not improve within 2 weeks of starting SMA® Anti-Reflux, or if the baby tails to thrive, the family doctors should be consulted. SMA® Anti-Reflux is not suitable for those who are allergic to cows’ milk protein, lactose intolerant, or who suffer from galactosaemia or require a galactose free diet. When bottle-feeding do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values per 100 ml prepared feed||per 100 g powder|
|Energy||280 kJ/67 kcal||2146 kJ/513kcal|
|Fat||3.4 g||26 g|
|of which, saturates||1 g||7.4 g|
|of which, unsaturates||2.4 g||18.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||7.8 g||60 g|
|of which, sugars||5.1 g||39 g|
|of which, starch||2.7 g||20.7 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||9.8 g|
|Salt* (=Sodium x 2.5)||0.07 g||0.5 g|
|Vitamin A||68 µg||522 µg|
|Vitamin D||0.9 µg||6.6 µg|
|Vitamin E||1.2 mg||9.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||5.1 µg||39 µg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg||69 mg|
|Thiamin||0.07 mg||0.5 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.15 mg||1.2 mg|
|Niacin||0.7 mg||5.4 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.05 mg||0.36 mg|
|Folic acid||10.6 µg||81 µg|
|Vitamin B12||0.14 µg||1.1 µg|
|Biotin||1.5 µg||11.2 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.6 mg||4.8 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||200 mg|
|–||1.1 mmol||8.7 mmol|
|Potassium||72 mg||550 mg|
|–||1.8 mmol||14.1 mmol|
|Chloride||50 mg||381 mg|
|–||1.4 mmol||10.7 mmol|
|Calcium||46 mg||353 mg|
|–||1.2 mmol||8.8 mmol|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||196 mg|
|Phosphate||0.8 mmol||6.3 mmol|
|Magnesium||6.8 mg||52 mg|
|–||0.3 mmol||2.2 mmol|
|Iron||0.7 mg||5.3 mg|
|Zinc||0.7 mg||5 mg|
|Copper||0.06 mg||0.44 mg|
|Manganese||0.01 mg||0.11 mg|
|Fluoride||≤0.01 mg||≤0.06 mg|
|Selenium||2.4 µg||18 µg|
|Chromium||≤2.6 µg||≤20 µg|
|Molybdenum||≤2.6 µg||≤20 µg|
|Iodine||10 µg||77 µg|
|Taurine||4.2 mg||32 mg|
|Choline||7.3 mg||56 mg|
|Inositol||5.2 mg||40 mg|
|L-Carnitine||2.1 mg||16 mg|
|Nucleotides||2 mg||15 mg|
|Omega 3: α-linolenic acid (ALA)||65 mg||500 mg|
|Omega 6: Linoleic acid (LA)||536 mg||4100 mg|
|*Salt is calculated as sodium x 2.5. Sodium is present for nutritional purposes||–||–|
|SMA® Anti-Reflux contains Taurine and Nucleotides.||–||–|